Super Dungeon Explore Vol. 17: Slimes

Several times in the last few months I’ve looked over this blog and started writing a post to get me back into it. These always end up being filled with things like “wow, it’s been a while” or something like that. Clearly, none of those ideas have worked, so instead, I’m just going to dive right back in with more Super Dungeon Explore.

Among my Gencon purchases this year was the small expansion for Super Dungeon Explore, dungeon tiles and slimes.  The slimes come in four different colors and I just couldn’t let them sit on my desk without working on them.

The process was very simple. All I really did was paint the eyes and add some ink to their mouths. One tip I can give is that these little guys have mold lines, but don’t be afraid to remove them. Trimming away the mold lines will leave a dull finish on the plastic, but you can erase this with a coat of glass varnish, which I used on the entire model anyway.
 
I also decided to go for a different scheme in bases. I’ve been getting a bit bored of the typical grey stone, so the newer models will strive for a more organic look and feel. In this case, it’s a bit hard to see the detail of the base, but are some Malifaux bases using the same scheme. These were painted with ScaleColours, which I am just starting to use. I like these a lot, especially for terrain and bases because it is completely matte and easy to make a dusty and dirty look with some stippling.

















More to Come.


-Nick

Comments

  1. Awesome! They remind me so much of 'Shining in the Darkness' on the MegaDrive - how many of those slimes had to die!?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts