20,000 Pageviews and Some Eschers!

Old Shotgun Escher (painted 10-12 yrs ago)
vs
New Shotgun Escher (painted 3-5 years ago)
Over the weekend, while cleaning up my study for upcoming holiday visitors, I found myself getting nostalgic for my first gaming love, Necromunda. One of my goals for the year was to finish bases for any painted necro models. I won't be getting to that by the end of the year. Maybe it can go on the resolution list for 2014.

I also noticed this weekend that the blog has made it to just over 20,000 pageviews! I find this both awesome and kind of hard to believe, but I'm sure there is a healthy number of spambots and such in that number. Still, I am going to view it as an accomplishment. 

To celebrate the pageview milestone alongside the sudden nostalgia, I decided to throw up some pics of one of the oldest parts of the Necromunda collected, and part that I have never shown before; my Escher gang. I have developed something of a Love/Hate relationship with the Eschers. While they still hold up as some of GWs best models ever produced, I have, even after more than 10 years, never been able to complete a gang of them.

This makes the gang an interesting combination of old models alongside new ones. In the above picture, for example, are two shotgun Eschers. The one on the left was the first Necro model I ever painted. On the right, is a duplicate of the same model that I painted up only a few years ago. At the time, I was amazed at the difference, but now, there is a much narrower gap than I thought. 

This gang demonstrates well the difficulty I have with Necro as a project. I have owned all of these models for several years at this point and I have painted many of them. The problem is that, as I become a better painter and then revisit the models, perhaps while cleaning my study for the holidays, I almost inevitably end up throwing some of them back into the green stuff to be painted from scratch again. Now the latest group of Eschers that appear in the picture may be safe, at least for a while, but I wonder how long it will be before I am eager to strip them all and paint them again. In short, the Necro project is likely one that I will never complete. 

Anyway, I intend to continue plugging away at this blog and the numerous projects I've started for myself. Maybe in the New Year, you may actually see me complete one or two of them. In the meantime, thanks for taking the time to take a look. Comments are always welcome!

More to Come.

-Nick

Comments

Popular Posts