Taking the Plunge.....Well....Two Plunges Really

In an earlier post, I had mentioned a secret new project I've been working on. In truth, there are really two secret projects.

For the first time in a very long time, this year I actually got some gaming stuff for Christmas. In the past, I have usually steered away from subjecting my family to wandering around in my hobby, but this year, my wife picked me up a copy of Super Dungeon Explore. That would be the first plunge I mentioned in the title. I'll talk more about the second plunge in a later post.

I am a little bit late to the game, I know, but this game is absolutely awesome. It's nice to have a game that wife enjoys playing as much as I do (in the past, we've played a considerable amount of Space Hulk, Puppet Wars and Malifaux, but this is the first of those that she hasn't been intimidated by on some level). So far we're about 3 or so games in and it has been very enjoyable, though I am looking forward to playing more than a 2 player game. 

Since Christmas then, I've had my attention on SDE. At first I was going to say that SDE is going to give me a chance to flex some different painting muscles and paint in style I don't usually touch, but lately, from Pwars to Malifaux to Space Hulk to Necromunda and then SDE, variety seems to be the spice of my painting hobby. 

That said, I think I am going to enjoy getting these models painted. There is a good mix of very characterful hero figures to spend huge lengths of time on, as well a horde of baddies with which I can work on painting mobs, which I've not done in a long time. 

The assembly up until now has been pretty long and slow, but that has mostly been caused by a lack of time at the hobby table and me being a bit of a perfectionist with getting them ready to paint. The process there is almost complete and I hope to be getting them in my hands with a paintbrush very soon. 

More to come.

-Nick

Comments

Popular Posts