The Obligatory New Year's Post
In terms of hobby, this year has been a very mixed bag as well. While I have been able to keep this blog going, I have not been able to grow the following of this blog and have not grown my presence online as I would have liked. I was not able to spend time at any events this year and have done very little gaming and not much painting. Beyond that is my disappointment in Puppet Wars, which has been doomed to some kind of purgatory in favor of some card game with baby Hitler.
The good news this year is that I believe I have really become a better painter. I have been working very hard on wet blending techniques and using fewer inks. When working on a base the other day I though to myself "I can't remember the last time I drybrushed".
So what's ahead in the new year?
I do have some definite gaming resolutions:
- Finish painting my current Puppet Wars Collection
- Finish painting a tournament-worthy Malifaux crew(s)
- Play an actual game, of anything, at least twice a month
- Attend at least one large event (my wife and I are looking forward to a long Adepticon weekend without the kid. Of course....Gencon is only a couple hours down the road).
- Build a Malifaux table and terrain
More to come.