End of August: A Bit of Terrainpuddle2

Recently, my break from Necromunda has been weighing heavily on me and I am eager to finish the Space Hulk project and get back to the Underhive. My fear is that, if I leave Space Hulk incomplete, it will just sit in the box forever and I’ll never get it finished, so I am trying to push through. My new goal is to have the marines complete by the end of September. With 4 complete, 2 in the highlighting stage and another 4 in the process of being base-coated, I think this may actually be a achievable goal.

Of course, that is to say nothing of the Genestealers. I have yet to decide on a color scheme for these guys and I am a bit intimidated by the volume they take up, but the thought of having a fully painted Space Hulk set is going to be enough incentive to continue.

With summer coming to an end, the Cicadas have started showing up on sidewalks during my morning walks with my dog Guinness, and I've been getting some pretty good ideas on how the Genestealers should look. Here are a couple examples of different directions I'm thinking of heading:
and another...

So, here’s a strange thing about Blood Angel Space Marines. They are very difficult to photograph. Whether this is actually the case, or it's just my current set up, I can’t seem to get a nicely detailed and flattering photo of these guys. My wife has agreed to lend her photo expertise to help me get some good photos, and I'm starting to set up a makeshift light box like I've used in the past so hopefully we’ll see some good pictures of the Marines soon and generally see pictures that are as high quality as some of my older ones.

In the meantime, I thought I’d share some of the more recent terrain I’ve been building.
Ruins2
I dug these pieces out for a recent evening when my wife and I tried our very first game of Malifaux. This game has intrigued me greatly, and I’m sure I’ll talk more about it in this Blog, as it is quickly becoming a new favorite of mine. Not to mention, it's a game I may be able to talk people, or even stores, into playing.
SlagHeap3
Also notice in these pictures that a pair of Goliath gangers have been completed as well. Of course, I’ll go into more detail with them once the Space Hulk project wraps up, but in the meantime, you can see where I’m going with the color scheme.
SlagHeap1
Puddle3
These rubble piles and puddles are some of my favorite pieces. While they may not be the most incredible or eye catching pieces I’ve ever built, they are subtle and full of character.

Well, that’s about it for now. More to follow.

-Yetischool

Comments

Popular Posts